Saturday, December 11, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
2 birthdays in 3 days. What was I thinking, right? The second week of November is now referred to as "Birthday Central" in our house. Those of you who know me well, know how much I LOVE all things birthday...especially when it comes to kids' birthday parties. We kicked off the festivities this year at IncrediblePizza with Nate's parents. My kids had never been, & needless to say, were quite excited.
Next, a combined family party for Lyla Jane & Will.
Then, a dino-themed birthday party complete with an erupting volcano cake. I couldn't of pulled this off without Grandpa & Grandma Coyle's help. There were 14 boys total!
And last, but certainly not least, a surprise trip to Disneyland!!! More to come.
William Patrick turned 5 on November 17! 5...This seems so old. Officially a little boy. Old enough to start elementary school. Embarrassed to have mom give him kisses in front of his friends. Tall enough to ride the "big" rides at Disneyland. Over "Lightning McQueen" & "Thomas the Train." Even though it makes me sad to see him get older, I am in love with the 5-year old version of him. He continues to be the sweetest boy. William LOVES life. As Grandpa Jerry says, no one has a much fun as Will. He is so creative & has an amazing imagination. He has a thirst for knowledge & I never tire of his questions. This boy has his mommy wrapped around his finger for sure!
Will's current likes are:
1. Dinosaurs, dinosaurs, dinosaurs. Oh & did I mention dinosaurs?
3. Skeletons & the human body
4. "Creating" - give him a roll of scotch tape & some popsicles sticks & he's one happy kid!
5. His friends - This boy is ALL about playing.
6. School - Every morning is started with the question, "Is today a school day?"
7. His mom - Always has been his mommy's boy. He still loves to cuddle!
9. Outings with grandma - The dinosaur museum is usually his first choice. Grandma's a good sport!
10. Bathroom talk - Seriously, what's with boys & bathroom talk? Who knew the word "fart" could be so funny.
Happy Birthday, little man. We love you!!!